DevOps Tech Lead
Unlock digital transformation with DiscoverCloud. We simplify your cloud journey, enabling you to focus on innovation and building new customer experiences. Embrace our bespoke managed services for cost-efficiency, security, and cloud excellence.
We're looking for a DevOps Tech Lead to join us.
As a Tech Lead , you will be managing the infrastructure of different customers and manage the teams. You will setup and manage service orchestration, discovery, tracing , autoscaling of microservices, versioned configuration management, automation . You will be in charge of making sure that our production systems continue to run with the highest uptime, and our engineers have access to the best in class tooling.
What you would be doing?
- Own responsibility for large scale/Micro services/components that comprise customers production infrastructure and systems.
- Invent better ways to manage/automate the administration of new and existing systems across various properties for Engineering via scripting and tools development.
- Consider, benchmark, propose, and implement new methods for production software deployment, monitoring and management.
- Collaborate with cross-functional organizations (engineering, QA, site operations, and security) on new product/feature design and/or diagnosis of problems with production systems.
- Proactively improve site reliability and key metrics, such as up-time, application performance, time to issue resolution, time spent resolving incidents and other key operational SLAs
- Implement infrastructure, build, scaling and project automation
- Perform expert level debugging/troubleshooting/problem diagnosis and resolution.
- Monitor system health and performance.
- Participate in capacity planning and provisioning of new resources.
- Document processes, systems, and their associated configurations.
- Lead post mortem (RCA) process for incidents/outages and feed learning back into systems and services.
- Engage in proactive communication and reporting.
- Implement and adhere to security policies and processes/controls.
- Provide mentorship and coaching for junior members of the team.
- Own and deliver the implementation of new methods for systems deployment, monitoring
- Strong knowledge of key DevOps concepts – Continuous Integration and Delivery and management via tools and automation.
- Should be ready to support for any production issues, active participation in war rooms on as-needed basis and ability to drive root cause analysis (RCA) of failures.e
What is expected out of you ?
- Educational Qualification: BE / B Tech in Computer Science or MCA from a premier institute.
- Experience leading a team of AWS, DevOps and working closely with the engineers wrt technology/tasks/schedules.
- Strong on coding/scripting (preferably in Perl,Python)
- IP routing (NAT/PAT), Firewall, TCP connection establishment/teardown
- HTTP, SSL/TLS, DNS, GSLB traffic routing
- Knowledge of UNIX internals (processes, memory management, scheduling, signal handling, filesystems, /proc interfaces).
- Understand HA and redundancy concepts.
- Understand caching proxies, reverse proxies, web server operation.
- Performance evaluation and tuning of systems/applications.
- Advanced troubleshooting and debugging skills on complex systems.
- Exposure to configuration management tools.
- Experience in handling and operating large scale deployments of systems.
- Architect systems, infrastructure and platforms using Linux and any cloud AWS
- Platform: AWS,CDN, SQL, Amazon EC2
- Stack: Linux (Centos), Mac, Cloud
- Scripting Language: Python, Shell, Perl.
- Bugs Management Tools: JIRA
- Version Control: GIT
- Continuous Integration: Ansible, Chef, Puppet.
- Deployment Automation: Jenkins, Code Deploy
- Performance: MMonit, Newrelic, Cloudwatch,Sensu/Icinga
- Container Concepts: Docker, Open Shift, ECS
- Log management: Logstash/ElasticSearch, Splunk
- Metrics collection: Ganglia, Graphite
- Document Management: Confluence
- Methodology: AGILE